Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Balance

"Balance is not giving equal time to each element of your life. Balance is knowing where your attention is needed the most and giving that area attention."

Right now my attention belongs to my family. House, laundry, photo albums, and the list goes on and on..... take a back seat right now. It is my time to enjoy these four precious souls and one amazing husband that I have.

I always find it humbling that everyone is "busy" with their own stuff every day. Everyone deals with different challenges at different times of their lives. My time right now is raising this family. I barely get through each day putting out the most pressing "fires" of the day. My life is busy. Never in my life would I have been able to imagine how busy a family with four kids and a dog could be. Every one of my kids on a given day has different needs. Just look at this picture- Just by their face expressions you can tell they all have their unique style :) Plus two year old twins add their own spin to everything.



I have resigned myself to the fact that I will probably not have a clean house for a long, long time. No matter how much I try. There is a season for everything and it is not my time to have a clean organized house. If you come to my house it will never be as clean as I would like. I try though :)

BUT

my kids will know that they are loved and that is what I keep reminding myself. I spend my days for them, Jim and our family.

My kids will know
- I helped out in the their classrooms and went on fieldtrips as much as I could
-I am always trying to match socks for them because I am always behind on the wash
- the kitchen is always my nemesis with cleaning
- that I laugh at silly things they do including my two year old getting a Yogo stuck up her nose :)
- How much I love it when the same two year old says "Hi Mom, missed you" even though I only was out of the room for five seconds. I hug her every time.
- They will have memories of their mom reading books to them at night before bed.
- They will know their parents loved them and enjoy them.




Maybe this post is just for me to remind me that even on those insanely busy days it is worth it. After all President Thomas S. Monson said...

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almsot every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the home, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will to your surprise- miss them profoundly."

6 comments:

David and Jana said...

Love, love that last quote. It is going by way too quickly. Thanks for the reminder

Stacey said...

You are such a fantastic mom, Alisha! Your kids will certainly remember how much you loved them and how much time you spent with them! They're lucky kids (husband and dog)!
I'm guessing Afton found a way to put a yogo up her nose?

M. Harrison said...

Ditto on the house thing. I guess I just need to let it go...I find it frustrates me to no end and makes me a little grouchy when it is a disaster, AND the train table hasn't seen trains or toys on it for at least half of the year...it has been the home for the piles and piles of laundry! Thanks for the reminder of seasons.

Darci said...

Alisha! You are a wonderful mom and wife. I really look up to you....thank you for the reminder from the Prophet. I need to chill out and not worry so much about the house and the laundry. I want my kids feel that I was the best mom ever! Thank you for being an inspiration and reminding me of the things that are really important.

Annette Harrison said...

As one who has raised her children, I can attest to the fact that you do indeed miss the piles of laundry-but mostly you miss the story time and the hugs. Love the pictures-Grandma H

the Kates said...

Thanks for the post- you are so great! Your kiddos are lucky to have a mom like you. p.s. I LOVE your family pictures... you guys are all so cute!