Sunday, February 3, 2013

Kamas

 
Our friends the Duncans invited us up to a cabin in Kamas for a night.  Jim ended up taking the older kids (Ethan and Lizzie).  Our friend Cameron took 3 of his kids.    Julie (the other mom) stayed home with one of her daughters who had a dance thing. I stayed home with Afton and Lilly thinking two 4 year olds out of the equation might make things a little easier.
 
I am not sure what all went on since I wasn't there but it sounds like they had an awesome time and that it was absolutely gorgeous up there.
 
Here is a little summary of the "Dad's and Kids Retreat."
 
 
 Here is Cameron, Maddie, Ethan and Collin getting the stuff ready to snowmobile  into the cabin.  Jim said it was so beautiful up there and that the stars were so bright.
 

Jim said this was the view from the bedroom him and Ethan were staying in.

 


I think a lot of snowmobiling went on along with pulling the kids on sleds with the snowmobiles.  The kids had a blast.  There was tons of fresh untouched snow for them to make plenty of tracks in.

Back on the homefront:
 
Friday night:  the girls and I watched a few episodes of Phineas and Ferb. Then I let them choose whatever they wanted for dinner. They chose oatmeal and cereal :)  After baths it was storytime and  bedtime.  Once they were all tucked in I fixed myself dinner, got a bowl of ice cream and watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix.
 
Saturday: I took them with me to my piano lesson, went and picked up our food co-op and then we all  headed to SmashBurger for lunch.  Yum!



Afton was not cooperating for photo shoot. 
Lilly was more than willing to show she liked the fries :)


When we got back it was such a GORGEOUS day so we got their scooters out of the garage and went for a walk/ scooter adventure around the block with Lucky.  So nice to be outside with the sun shining on us.

No comments: