Wednesday, May 14, 2014

12 years later.....

Today I became part of the paid working world again.
I now work in the office at my daughters school,
Altara Elementary. 


 It was just a little bit over 12 years ago (April 30th 2002) when I called the University of Phoenix and told them I have decided to stay home with my newborn son rather than come back to work.  I have never regretted that phone call. 



I am so grateful I have been able to stay home for this long and be a part of so many little moments of raising our children.  I am very grateful to Jim for providing for our family so I could stay home for the past 12 years to hang out with these 4.

But, with my "babies" starting full day this fall, it is time for a little change.   I am not going back to work for money, or because I have to.  I am going back to work because this is an exciting opportunity I couldn't pass up.   I will work just 17 hours a week.  Just enough to get out into the working world.  I will still have time to help out in classrooms, run errands without kids and hopefully clean my house :)

 
I am extra excited because:
-I will still be here in the mornings to get them ready and off to school.
- Me and the kids will get home from work/ school basically the same time.
- I will still have summers off so I can be home/ play with my kids
- In the fall I will only be working while my kids are at school
- I have a very flexible boss (the principal) who said my kids can come hang out in the office for the 5 or 10 minutes before school starts and after school ends.
-Still get to hang out with the faculty and staff of Altara where I have gotten to know a lot of them very well this year.

I guess selling your soul to the school for a year as PTA President has some benefits :) Just Kidding.

But seriously, I am so grateful for this opportunity.  When the principal came up to me and told me about this job opening I couldn't really think of any cons.  I am super excited.

So for now if you need to find me,
 this is my new working schedule :)
 
Wednesdays- 11 to 3:15
Thursdays- 8 to 3:15
Fridays- 8 to 1:30

 

No comments: