Wednesday, July 13, 2016

To my kids.....

On July 18th dad and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary.  Maybe this year seems extra special because it is 18 years on the 18th of July.  Either way I am more sentimental than usual.  I am so lucky I married your dad and have been able to spend the last 18 years with him.  He is so much better than me in every way possible.



I want you 4 kids to know how much I love you and how grateful I am for you in my life.  I love the little road trip that we just came back from.  I love watching you guys have fun and explore the world around you.  I love spending time with just our  little family of 6.  I realize that sooner than I would like you guys will be moving out and spreading your own wings. I am trying to cherish this time of your childhood before that happens. Ethan leaves on his mission in just 4 short years and then just as quickly you will all start to move on.

As you get older you will see more and more that sometimes life just doesn't seem fair. Sometimes the best of people go through some insanely tough challenges.  There are kids and adults that grow up with so many challenges and family dynamics  that sometimes just do not seem fair.  I see more than my share of that at work. I see kids dealing with so much more than elementary kids should ever have to.  Those days I just come home and watch you be kids and am so grateful you don't have to go through a lot of those things.  I see spouses who either divorce or deal with serious medical issues or have to deal with a spouse passing away. Life can change so quickly.   On those days I realize I lucky I am to have been able to have spent the last 18 years with someone as amazing as your father.  

I watch you 4 being kids in a house with plenty of food, clothes, and laughter and parents who love and care for you immensely. I watch you being kids with your imagination, creativity and care- freeness of childhood.  That is exactly how it is supposed to be.  We would move mountains for you.   You all are smart, funny, caring and have a testimony of the gospel.  How lucky we are.   We know friends that have tried for years to add children to their family and here we are winning the lottery 4 times!


What I am saying is sometimes I just look at my life in amazement and am so grateful.   I found this quote the other day which I think sums it up perfectly


You may not see it today or tomorrow, but you will look back in a few years and be absolutely perplexed and awed by how every little thing added up and brought you somewhere wonderful- or where you've always wanted to be

 I have been so blessed to marry your dad and to have the extra blessings of Ethan, Lizzie, Afton and Lilly join our family.  Thank you!



 Here's not only to 18 more years as a family but to eternity.

I love you!
-Mom

No comments: