Friday, August 11, 2017

Trek 2017

Jim, Ethan and I had the opportunity to go on Trek with our Stake (August 2nd to August 5th).  It was retracing some of the sacred trails our pioneers walked around Martin's Cove.  It made me so appreciative of the sacrifices that were made and helped put things into perspective and give a very small glimpse into their lives. My eyes were on the brink of tears many times. The first day we hiked 15 miles, 7 miles the 2nd day and 3 the last day.  


A picture of one of the handcarts that were pushed and pulled for 3 days

Ethan pulling the handcart with his pioneer family


Just finished crossing the Sweetwater crossing.  Such a tender, sacred moment

My belongings for a few days. 
Everything had to fit in a 6 gallon bucket and my satchel. 

The medical committee- Jim and Alisha :)

The sunsets each night were AMAZING!

Ethan and his good friends Colin Sierer, Tanner Rima and Josh Dulong

The youth that went from our ward :)

It was hard, amazing, tiring, uplifting and perfect. 
So glad I got to experience it with these two fine men. 


Martin's Cove Trek 2017

No comments: