Monday, August 18, 2008

Growing Up....

I have been a little too thoughtful this weekend at how fast my kids seem to be growing. In one week my cute little Ethan will enter the 1st grade. I am going to miss him so much. He is my big helper and it will be an adjustment for all of us for him to be gone from 8:15 to 2:55. I think this is harder on me than when he went to kindergarten.
The other day I had to tell him that his best friend will not be going to the same school as him anymore. Ethan started crying and was so sad and kept saying "But he is my best friend."
It was breaking my heart. Even worse was when I realized in these years of growing up there are going to be many more things I am going to have to tell him that I won't want to. I know there will be a day that I would trade anything in the world to tell him something as simple as your friend won't be at school but we can still call him to play anytime.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Alisha,

Ethan is so lucky to have a cute mom like you! Your right about issues getting bigger as our kids get older. An older mom once told me to enjoy fixing the small problems because when they get older, some of the problems can be so big that we just can't fix them. I found out later that her son is currently incarcerated. Words of wisdom to live by!