Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Moments

I have been accused of not posting enough. Mostly I just feel like I don't have a lot of exciting stuff going on. Well and plus I always seem to be busy....

Tonight I just got done running. When I run a lot goes through my mind. Even though I watch TV and listen to my music while running- I think a lot. So I will share.....

I think about how nice it is to have my brother back. He has had to endure so many Goliaths the past ten or so years of his life. On his birthday (the 26th) we laughed..... how nice it feels to have him back.

I think about the amazing marvels of medicine and life and the human body. This year alone the Harrison side of the family has dealt with our babies and bedrest with two weeks of NICU, Jim's dad having bypass surgery, a nephew who was born at 30 weeks (was in NICU for 10 weeks) and is perfect in so many ways. A 3 week old niece who was just diagonsed with a heart issue and will have to have surgery in a few months.

I spent time with my friends Katie and Heidi today. Katie had brain surgery about 2 years ago at such a young age and with a 3 year old daughter at the time. She is fine today. A little crazy but still fine :)

In the summer of 2007 my brother also had brain surgery and Lizzie had her first surgery.
Everyone is fine and still here to laugh with, spend time with and enjoy.

Just the fact that I can run and have that blessing of a body that can do that......
So there are my thoughts for tonight.

I am now off to have ice cream and homemade hot fudge!!!

No comments: