Thursday, August 6, 2009

10 years from now....


I promise I will post some pictures of our trip... Later.

While hanging out with the family on vacation the question was asked - 10 years from now, where do you want to be?

I had a hard time with that question and when I started answering bawled like a baby (sorry everyone :). I had a hard time because I am so happy with my life right now that in ten years...... can it really get better than this? So I have been thinking about that question a lot lately (long car rides can do that). In ten years I wil be GULP.... 42!!!!


I will have this boy


driving!!!!!

and Lizzie as a teenager (Help!).



>My little babies will not be babies anymore.
In fact they will almost be old enough for Young Women's. Can I just stop time?

I know I have put this in a post before but right now I have never been so tired, ovewhelmed, happy and at peace as I am right now. I know this is a time of my life that I will look back on fondly and cherish. I still get frusterated (too many times) and struggle with things but a couple things in the past little while have made me have a different outlook.

- One of our friends died in April. There is not A DAY that goes by that I dont' think of his family and my dear friend Michelle. I talk to her and see her often and am reminded of how much you have to treasure every moment and embrace life.

- When you are 99% (always leave room for error:) sure you are done having kids you realize that these moments are fleeting. I won't get another chance to have a baby small enough to lay on my chest and just relax. I won't get to see another one of my kids try to walk, learn to talk and experience so many new things EVERY DAY!!!

But Alas, I was finally able to think of a few goals-
1- Run at least 2 marathons
2- Visit New York City and New Zealand
3- Have ALL of Jim's student loans and our kids medical bills paid off!!! The extra money we would have......

So there we go. I feel better getting that out :) and will start thinking about other stuff ........like unpacking.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Love the post, Lish!! It's a good reminder to slow down and enjoy the time we have now.
We need to revisit the 10 year thing...my car ride home was too full of work to think about other things. ;)

valerie said...

Wow...you just gave me a lot to think about...I'll have to think about it while I do all my laundry and house cleaning.

Darci said...

I love this post! I will have to think about 10 years from now . . . but I too love where I am at. I do want to have another child in my family by then. Brent reminds me all the time when I complain about sleep deprivation or being overwhelmed that another child will bring it on again! But even when I am frustrated I still want to do it again.

Your family is so cute! So wonderful! I love you :)

David and Jana said...

I love this post. It really made me stop and think, where do I want to be in 10 years...oh I agree I wish that life would slow down...I love this time in life!

the Kates said...

you've made me a blubbering fool. We need to get together, soon. Want to come to the Gardner hotel????