Monday, August 17, 2009

Winding Down

Summer is starting to come to an end.... Here are some highlights of our summer.



Being introduced to a slip and slide.













Learning to ride bikes.




Planting a garden


Going to Island Park/ Yellowstone



Cherry Hills

- Frequent campfires and Smores around our fire pit in the backyard.
- Afton also learned to walk.
- I have been trying to get the babies interested in Sesame Street this summer. They really don't seem to care for the TV and would rather explore (aka -destroy) my house.

Here are my three favorite quotes from the summer-
"I wish Heavenly Father made me be a dog so I wouldn't be afraid of myself." Lizzie age 5

In a day of sibling arguments Lizzie said, "Ethan, I'm going to ask Santa to bring me a nicer brother." Ethan's classic response- "Lizzie I'm the best present you ever got!!!

And finally- a kid at the skate park was trying to tell Ethan how to go down a hill and that it was easy. Ethan said "It's not easy if your scared!"

Classic I tell you!!!

We have one more big summer event on Wed. when we will go to Lagoon.

Ethan starts 2nd grade on August 26th, Lizzie starts kindergarten on Sept 3rd and my little babies will go into Nursery at church on Sept. 27th. Wow! I am hoping Lilly will hurry things up with her walking otherwise I might have a baby crawling into nursery. :)

4 comments:

Darci said...

Oh no! I wish you were going to Lagoon on Thursday....that is when we take Ellie! I figured we needed to get her there before she starts kindergarted on the 27th.

I can't believe your babies are almost old enough to go to nursery! Amazing how time flies!

Love the quotes, kids are so awesome!

valerie said...

You have had a fun summer! Ethan sounds just like Jim! =) I love it. Clara learned to walk at 17 1/2 months...2 weeks before nursery. I was for sure she would be the only one crawling in there.

Liz said...

Love the kid quotes!
At one point in my life I at least wished I wasn't afraid of dogs, but I wasn't as creative as Lizzie, I guess. :)

katierose said...

uuuum, those quotes are hilarious! your kids are funny like their mama!!!