Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two weeks

Well today Jim put in his two weeks notice at his job. Seems kinda weird that at a time when most people are worried about getting laid off here is Jim putting in his two weeks. All for the cause of doing what you love.....

This has been a year or so in the making. As I sat down today and worked on what our new budget will be with us paying an absolutely ridiculous cost for our health insurance .... I got a little nervous.

BUT

I know everything will work out how it is supposed to and that in a few months things will be fine. Between now and then though we will live by an opening line from a Harry Potter movie, "Fasten your seat belt. It is going to be a bumpy ride:)" In a Jamacain accent of course by a shrunken head.

I am very proud of you Jim.

10 comments:

Darci said...

Hooray for Jim! I am so happy that his dream is coming to life. You will be fine! Have faith and enjoy the ride :)

Stacey said...

I think it is just awesome! Way to go for living the dream--even if it is a little scary!!

valerie said...

That is so exciting...I'm glad that Jim is following his heart...that is a difficult thing to do sometimes. Everything will be just fine because it is what you are supposed to do! Easy for me to say. :)

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Most great things involve risk; we are so excited for you guys!

the Kates said...

Yeah for Jim and the whole Harrison crew! Good luck with everything!

Melissa said...

Wow- congrats and good luck. Jim will do a great job with the clients and Alisha will do a great job budgeting. You guys make a good team.

M. Harrison said...

Here is to a not so bumpy month ahead. That is exciting news. We are happy for you Jim!

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

Yes I thought the same thing when I put in my notice after having the baby. So crazy that people are losing their jobs and I walked away from a great one. I just tell myself that I got a promotion, because I did! Plus, living frugally is awesome...

katierose said...

WOW! that is awesome!!! congratulations, jim, for taking a BIG leap! russ just quit his job too and started with a new company last week. we don't get insurance for 90 days, and my reaction to the cobra bill was pretty much wide-eyed with my jaw on the floor! like you said, though, it'll all work out :). i'm excited for your new adventure.