Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day Camp

What was originally planned as a 2 night camp-out turned into a day camp. We had a Tahoe malfunction and had to alter our plans a little. The kids were bummed out (to put it lightly) but I think they really enjoyed their day up in the mountains.
Uintah Mountains....GORGEOUS!


Afton and Lilly taking their first attempts at fishing. They really liked to reel the line back in and then I would cast it for them.
Afton

Lilly

Ethan after he caught a fish.

Cute Lizzie really liked gathering cool rocks by the water.

Lucky would keep barking ferociously at this rock and at few logs in the water. He also felt obligated to save little rocks from the water. He would go in and dive for them, grab them in his mouth and bring them back to shore.

Jim and Alisha. An eye infection, not being able to find my pink hat and a day up in the mountains really helps people (mostly me) look their best :)

A tired dog enjoying the air on the ride home.

Lilly near Lilly lake. If you look closely you can see my leg while I hold her up.

Doing what kids do best- exploring the world around them.

3 comments:

Darci said...

That looks like fun....even if it was for only just one day :) and you are beautiful!

valerie said...

I love Lily Lake! Didn't we camp there with Trudy and Bryson before any of us had kids?? I'm glad to see Jim is passing on his fishing skills.

Liz said...

Sorry it was such a short visit. The pictures are beautiful...and I love just by the photo you can tell Lucky is barking. :)