Wednesday, April 18, 2012

10

Our son turns 10 today!

I have been thinking today of what to write on Ethan's birthday post for a couple days now and remembered this story from just a little while ago.

The following story represents Ethan's personality perfectly...

  





A couple weeks ago I had made fries, chicken nuggets and pears for lunch (it was Spring Break and I am all for easy and quick when all kids are home.)

Ethan had asked if there were more fries.

I said "Yeah, those two crumbs that are left."  (He has a sarcastic mom) :)
Ethan's classic response (said happily I might add).... "Well two crumbs is better than nothing."

 And then ate them :)
 I am realizing more and more everyday how happy, optimistic, kind, smart, funny, patient, and spiritual Ethan is (and always has been).  I am also realizing how much better he is than me in most of  those areas and it is humbling.  He has always had a special soul or spirit about him.  I am so grateful for him and his example. 



 Another birthday though has reminded me I AM NOT excited that he is going to be taller than me sooner than later.  That boy is getting taller every day and is already up to and a little past my shoulders.  I am guessing within two years he will be taller than me. I keep telling him he has to be nice and take care of his mom when he is taller than me :)



Happy 10th Birthday Ethan! 
You forever changed our lives 10 years
ago today by making your dad and I parents. 
 We love you very much!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy birthday to Ethan! For better or worse I'll never forget the day E was born; how fun it has been since then! :)