Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Perfect Day

This past week has not been one of my favorites. Just a lot of little things have caused stress and worry for Jim and I. There are days when being an adult and having a house is highly overrated. Nothing big in the grand scheme of things but just a few bad days right in a row.

So instead I will reminisce about a really good day that happened recently....

On March 9th (I know I am a little slow posting the pictures) my older kids didn't have school. We all packed a lunch, loaded into the van and headed up to the zoo. It was perfect weather, the animals were active, my kids were good and had a fun time. I love the different ages my kids are at. Each age is fun in a different way. The only thing missing from our day was Jim.


All of them kept saying "this is the best day ever mom" and "let's do this again soon".

As a parent, days like this make all the other not so fun stuff totally worth it.

Here are some pictures from our "best day ever."

Two cute girls loving the merry go round

For some reason Afton was fascinated with the turtles/ tortoises on this trip

My oldest and youngest

Cute little kitty that of course Lizzie wanted a picture of


I know it is a little blurry but I still love it because you can just tell they are having fun.

As a cherry on top of our day Jim came home from work with a little surprise from Krispy Kremes- hats AND doughnuts!!!. :)


Best Day Ever! (or at least until the next one :))

2 comments:

valerie said...

I am so glad you found the positive out of the negative...I guess it's time I start doing the same! You are such a good friend and always know how to cheer me up...even if we have to compare crappy days. :)

David and Jana said...

I love best day evers! So fun.