Saturday, June 30, 2012

A click of the heels

5 years ago today we moved into our house......


  • Originally I was thinking of doing a blog post with some pictures of how our house looks now compared to when we moved in. 
 But....as of last Saturday  we made an impromptu decison to paint our bedroom (blue) and tear up the carpet in the girls room to put wood floor laminate.  Thus most of the girls room is either squished in Ethan's room, our room or their room.  Our bedroom is also in painting prep stage.

How about if I just show a picture when it is all done? :)

  • Then I thought about getting all sentimental with quotes like these....
-Home is where one starts from.- T.S. Eliot

-Good homes are still the best source of good humans.- Neal A. Maxwell

And then talk  about  some of the moments we have experienced so far in trying to raise our family in this house.  You know like Lizzie's surgeries, having twins, getting a dog, Jim going out on his own (business wise), starting public school, hanging out in the backyard, finishing the basement, Lizzie climbing our trees, Afton coloring on walls, and on and on.



SO MANY  small moments and memories of all of us hanging
 out in  our home (like picture above) I treasure.

  This is the only house and yard these 2 girls have known. 

  

 
We plan on staying here for awhile... This is the longest we have ever stayed anywhere.
When we moved in we were a young family of 4. Now there are 6 of us (plus a dog) all growing older quicker than I would like. How can Ethan already be 10? He was 5 when we moved in. How can our babies be 4?
As long as we stay for awhile longer, this will be the "home" our
 four children will think of when they are adults.

  • But then, I came across this from a book Lizzie worked on in 2nd grade and brought home the last day.
YEP, THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP PERFECTLY!

  
THANKS LIZZIE!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Love all the updates and cute pictures (I'm way behind in my blogging!). Such a cute little family. Can't wait to see the new floors!

valerie said...

I love how Lizzie can sum things up so perfectly! :)

Emily said...

We just moved into the home we hope to live in forever. And as much as I love it (!), it gives me little pangs of sadness when I imagine this is the house my kids will grow up in and leave me in. Time goes too fast! And at least my husband will stick around :).