Thursday, July 12, 2012

Unexpeted Milestone

With summer vacation close to being halfway over,
 I thought I would write a few things that we have been doing-

 
which includes....
Swimming a lot!

   This summer was a big milestone for me as I can now safely and comfortably (well mostly) take all four of my kids swimming BY MYSELF!!!!

 Since the girls were born I just didn't feel safe enough with only my two arms for everyone's skill level and age to go swimming with them by myself.  I always had my mom come with for extra help and arms.   While I SO APPRECIATE her extra arms these past few years it is so nice to make impromptu trips to the pool whenever we want.  Ethan and Liz are amazing in the water and the girls are much easier in the water than even just last year.    Most of the time the girls play in the shallow end but sometimes I put a lifejacket on them when we all want to go to the deep end.  They think it is amazing to be able to "float"

We now go swimming 2 to 3 times a week at Draper Pool!!!!  FABULOUS!!!!

Other things we have been doing since school got out. 

  • Summer jobs*
  • Worksheet pages*
 * I need some sort of incentive for swimming or other activities.  So once they get jobs and worksheet done we can go or do!

  •  Making Slime


 
  • Saving plastic animals and princesses from icebergs


 

 

  •  Weekly trips to the Sandy library


 


  • Eating homemade smoothie popsicles
  • Making Hot Rocks


  •  

     
     

  • Discovering and playing with Crayola Model Magic (better than Play-Doh in my opinion)
  • Catching yourself trying to figure out what day of the week it is


  •  
    I REALLY love summers with my kids. 
     Even though it is noisy and crazy and chaotic (more than usual) and my house is messier than usual, it is so nice to have them all home.

     
    Summer is also a good time for them to  work on problem resolving skills by practicing with each other (aka-  arguments. ) :) Good times.

     
      But overall,  it is fun to see them just be kids and explore and play and relax.

     Sleeping in+ no schedules+good summer food + late nights =
    Seriously my favorite season of the  year!

    No comments: