Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break 2013

We had a very enjoyable, busy, fun and fast Spring Break.  The kids had a whole week off but it went much too fast. Total picture overload but I am going to tell myself in 20 years I will be mad if I had too few pictures... not too many :)
 
Monday: The first two days of the week we planned a few activities with neighborhood friends.  On Monday we all rode Trax downtown, walked around Temple Square a bit, went over to the Church History Museum and explored City Creek.  That night we all meet at the Hadfields home for caramel apple bar, Easter egg hunt and FHE on our Savior (perfect for Easter).
 
 
Some of my favorite kids from the neighborhood. 
Watch out... these kids are going to do amazing things in this world.

Afton and Lilly fishing at the new kids
 section of the Church History Museum.

City Creek
Tuesday:  Day at the park with with  neighborhood friends and then that night we all rented the Party Room at Dimple Dell for dinner and swimming.  Lots of fun until Afton ended the night early by getting sick.  These two days with friends reminded me again of  how grateful I am for where we live and the great friends/ families/ kids we have here. 
 
 
Wednesday:  Got ready and packed up to leave to Vegas.  Left around 3 and drove the rest of the day :)
 
 
Thursday:  Explored Red Rock just a little ways from Vegas.  EXCELLENT place for different kids of hikes. Thanks for the idea Nate and Liz!!!  I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
 

 
 












 
 
Friday: We went to the Las Vegas Museum of Natural History.  I was quite impressed with it and had a lot more fun than I thought we would. A+ to the workers there that were so nice and so knowledgable about telling us about their exhibits.  
 
 


 
We also gave Ethel M. Chocolate factory another chance.  Not impressed again.  I so want it to be one of my favorite places but the past two times we have gone they aren't making chocolates for us to watch and the cheapskate in me doesn't want to pay their prices for chocolate. Darn....
 
 
Saturday:  Before heading home we got to spend some quality time with Nate and Liz which included....
 
Storytime with Aunt Liz
 

Hanging out at the Park

 
 

And.....


YOGURTLAND!!!!!!

As usual, thanks to our hosts for letting us stay, eat all your food, play with the kitties and enjoy your company.



1 comment:

Liz said...

Can't believe that was already 2 months ago! Thanks for spending spring break with us; so nice to see you guys.