Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Little Things

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may
 look back and realize they were the big things."
-Robert Brault

Here a a few of our "little things" which I realize make special memories for our family.
 I also realized as I was typing this.... most of them involve food :)

1.  Once good weather comes, our Saturday lunch usually consists of  Hebrew National hot dogs,  potato chips, fresh fruit and lemonade. Pretend the fruit and lemonade are pictured :) Also we usually have lunch around 11:30 if you feel like stopping by.


2.  Jim and I both have our guilty pleasures.
- I made a new years goal not to drink Coke.  That didn't quite work :)  Now I just try to drink it occasionally (especially since I am running again).  It seems like when I am in my groove of running, it doesn't sound as good to drink.  But there are some days when a cold Coke helps make things a little bit better.
 -Jim REALLY likes to get a spoonful of peanut butter and sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips on it.  It has to be creamy peanut butter and it has to be semi-sweet chocolate chips :)



3.  A typical snapshot of our family of 6 activities. It's a "good busy".

4. Whenever possible we make chocolate chip cookies on Sunday night.
 
5.  I have my very own parking spot for the next year.  Sure I have to trade almost every spare moment I have on PTA stuff but still... my own parking spot :)


6.  Having friends over.....
 I love having my kids friends over at my house.  It is noisier, crazier, funner and they usually eat a good portion of "snacks" at my house. But it is the best sound to hear my kids having fun with good friends.
 
 

No comments: