Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summer Days

Welcome to summer!!! 
 
 I absolutely love summer and it is my favorite time of year!!

  I say this every year but I love late nights, no school schedules, planning our days how we want, good summer foods, sitting around the campfire in our backyard, no alarm clocks, and I really could go on and on.  I know it may sound crazy but I also love having my kids home with me. 

I have finally managed to tweak summer plans over the years that fit us well.  We have a few things to do in the morning and then we have a fun activity planned for each day.

Each morning the kids need to do the following before we do our daily fun activity.  Plus it is good incentive for them to get these done knowing the sooner they get these done the sooner we can do the daily activity.
  • Get Dressed and Brush Teeth
  • Jobs
  • Worksheet
  • Reading
Then each day we do one of the following. 
Lilly especially likes knowing what happens on each day :)
  • Monday- Library Day
  • Tuesday- Outdoor Swimming Pool Day
  • Wednesday- Field Trip Day
  • Thursday- Cowabunga Day
  • Friday- Science Experiment/ Art Day
Here are some pictures from our first week and a half of school being out.  It is hard to get swimming pictures so maybe those will have to come later.

Library Day
I am not exaggerating when I say this is basically how my kids are
 FOR THE REST OF THE DAY after we come back from the library. 

Lilly has become quite the little reader lately and tries to read anything she can.

The boy who loves to read.



Afton has found magazines at the library and always wants to check them out now.

Field Trip Day
For our first field trip day of summer we went up to the new Curiosity Museum at Thanksgiving Point.  Oh my gosh!!  Amazing!  We were there for over 4 1/2 hours and I had to pull my kids away.  It is a great place for kids to be kids and use their imagination.

HUMUNGOUS climbing area for kids to play in and explore. 
 My kids were in here for over 2 hours!!!

Lilly was a little hesitant at first so I went in
with her but once she got the hang of it she loved it!

If you look closely you can see Liz in her pink shirt.
This is in the water works section of the museum.

Oh how I love my Lizzie!! 

Going to market......

 
 
Science Day
Our first science day was doing Hot Rocks which have been a hit from previous summers.  Put a rock in the oven or on the grill.  Heat it up and then color on it with crayons.  The crayons melt while you color on it making a cool effect.
Grateful this boy still likes to do these sorts of things with us.

Cute little Afton!
Here's to many more days of summer adventures...... 
 Only 9 more weeks to soak it all in.

No comments: