Monday, June 30, 2014

Run, Eat, Sleep (?), Repeat

Ragnar Wasatch Back 2014
June 27th- 28th
 
So I just got back from one of the most insane, fun, beautiful, exhausting races I have ever done. 

Here is a shirt that describes Ragnar perfectly.
That group of 12 friends/ teammates each run 3 different legs of the race.
 
You basically run a leg, cheer on teammates,
 eat, try to sleep (not really happening)
 and repeat 2 more times!
 
You continue to do this for about 36 hours straight.
 
Here is how you pack for Ragnar. 
 Your outfits for each run are in ziplock bags with a copy of your race on the front.

A little Ragnar tattoo.
  Kinda like a warrior symbol that almost every runner wore.


This is how my first run on Friday morning was. 
 7.4 miles uphill. 
 It started to downpour the first 30 minutes and
 then after that I was running in tremendously thick mud.  It was insane!!
Luckily, my other two runs were only 4 miles and they
 were absolutely gorgeous and perfect. 
 One was around 7:30 Friday night and one was around 8 Saturday morning



Van #1- This is who I hung out with in a van for 36 hours straight.
  3 are from my neighborhood who I casually knew.
  2 I didn't know at all.  We all became very fast friends.
 

Our team name was Chafing Dreams :)
  This is most of our team waiting for our last runner to finish.

Our whole team at the finish line with our new medals!!!
All done. 
Taking the shuttle to our car to head home. 
 Also sporting my new Ragnar shirt and medal
A little something extra I wore to church on Sunday.
  It didn't wash off as quickly as I had thought :)

My new nightstand accessory.
  This one I am very proud of.
  It was a very challenging race both mentally and physically.

Would I do it again?

ABSOLUTELY!

No comments: