Thursday, October 22, 2015

UEA weekend!

UEA weekend was a much welcomed break.  Our days have been VERY busy lately so to have a few days off of school to just relax was very appreciated.  Here are a few things we did over the break.

Wednesday October 14th-
To kick off the long weekend Jim and I went to go see the play of one of my very favorite movies!!!

Thursday October 15th-
I took all of the kids on a bike ride.  We drove over to Draper Park to hook onto the Porter Rockwell trail for our bike ride.  Putting all the bikes into the Yukon was a little like playing Jenga.  We may need to invest in a bike rack soon.  We did a 3 mile bike ride.  That was long enough for our 7 year olds legs.  It was so nice to get out and bike with all my kids.  I think I could really like bike riding. 



 Friday October 16th-
Ethan and I woke up and did a 10 mile bike ride.  It was gorgeous.  It was so fun and nice to hang out with Ethan for a little bit.  The weather and scenery were perfect.   He is definitely is in much better shape than his mom though.  I kept asking if he was tired (because I sure was) but he never was.  Later in the day all of us went and saw the movie Inside Out.  It was really cute.  
 Saturday October 17th-
Jim and I decided to be brave and kinda impulsive and painted our main floor walls.  It is a color called French Silver.  I love it!!!!  Depending on how the light hits it, it can look blueish or grayish.  But now we  have decided to add many more things to our "to do" list like paint the kitchen cupboards, paint molding, replace the floors, and on and on...... :)  
We are now back to home improvement projects.  
BUT our walls look great and I love them!!!!

Really good example of how the same paint looks different at different times of the day.  

Even Lucky seems to approve. 

No comments: