Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Ragnar 2016

This year I had the opportunity to do Ragnar (June 17th and 18th)  with some people in my neighborhood. It was my second time doing it- the last being in 2014.   It was just as I remember- fun, hot, exhausting, rewarding, etc.   This time I had a 4.5 mile run, 10.2 mile run and a 2.5 mile run.  

How you pack for Ragnar- each leg/run clothes in a ziplock bag

My van.  I am so glad I got to hang out with these ladies.  
We meshed very well even after hardly any sleep and being together constantly for almost 36 hours.   It was so fun to do Ragnar with them.

Annette Proctor, Shannon Withers, Jamie Nelson,
Trisha Arrowsmith, Alisha Harrison, Michelle Christensen

Me a little bit before my first run and right after we had decorated the Yukon

Our team name Chafing Dreams :)

Love this group selfie!!!

Me after my 10 mile run.  I loved this run so much!!! 
It was at 2 in the morning, complete darkness (with a headlight of course) on a trail. 
I loved every second of it and was really surprised how much
I loved running in the coolness and darkness. 

FINISHED! 

My medal! 
I love it and Ragnar medals I take extra pride in since it is a very exhausting race.

Me with my Bling

Our whole team- Van 1 and Van 2 at the finish line
 Youth Conference
So while I was off to Ragnar Ethan was off experiencing his very first Youth Conference
.  It was kinda like a mini EFY up in Logan.  I was so excited for
him to go and it sounds like he had a great time.

Youth in our ward age 14 and older.  Such an amazing great group of kids

Young Men in our ward 14 and older.
  So glad Ethan gets to hang out with these boys.

No comments: