Tuesday, September 13, 2016

13.1

Last Saturday (September 10th) I ran the Big Cottonwood half marathon.  I had not done a half marathon in forever.  I think it had been over 5 years- so it was about time.  This one was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and may become one of my favorites.  You start at Spruces campground and just keep running down the beautiful canyon to 13th East.  My goal I had set for myself was to finish in 2 hours and 15 minutes or less.  Well I made it!!!  I finished in 2:14:50!  I was quite excited. 
My mile pace was 10:17 which I was very happy about.
Before race fun at the race expo

Always some bling- Cool new hat I got at the expo

Jim,  Afton and Lilly came to cheer me on at the finish line.
  I was able to see the girls near the end and had them run
out to me so they could cross the finish line with me :)

My new medal :)

Another half marathon in the books!!!

No comments: