Monday, June 30, 2008

Blessing Day

Yesterday our two beautiful girls were blessed. It was a very nice day and Jim did a wonderful job.
It is hard to say how much I appreciated that yesterday was able to happen. There were so many times on bedrest when thinking about their blessing day helped me plug along for another day. I knew if their blessing day happened then our two daughters were here and healthy enough to be introduced. Their was such a burden of worry on mine and Jim's shoulders before these babies were born.
To all of those who came- thank you. We wanted to have a celebration with family and friends.

Also we thank you for the sacrifice of time many of you made to help our family during this pregnancy. We thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We felt every thought and prayer towards our family. I would not have made it as far as I did in the pregnancy if we didn't have all the help we did. These babies are here and healthy with the help of the goodness of others. I am so humbled and tear up when I think of all that went into getting Afton and Lilly here. There are so many miracles in life and I am honored to add two more to my family.

7 comments:

Trudy said...

Thanks for inviting us to Afton and Lilly's blessing. These little girls are real miracles and we're so glad to be a part of it!

katierose said...

what beautiful babies! i'm so glad that they are healthy and happy. i wish we lived up there so we could have been at the blessing. i love you guys!

Lisa said...

I wish I would've known about it! We would have come! Congrats again!

Darci said...

I love that picture! They will really get a kick out of it when they are older.

Thank you for inviting me! I really enjoyed the blessings. They truly touched me and Jim did a superb job!

Love ya!

Jody Neeley said...

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your family's special day. The girls were so beautiful and Jim did a great job. Fun to see you guys!

Liz said...

I'm so sad that we couldn't make it, but glad all went well. I got the copy of the blessings and they are beautiful. Congratulations on two more soon to be blond, nap taking, chip eating, helmet wearing girls. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! They look adorable and it is so wonderful! I know we all wondered if this day would come - and it did! What a celebration and a miracle! Annie