Tuesday, June 10, 2008

slowly coming together


So our house is slowly coming together. I know we have almost been here a year but right after we moved in we dealt with Lizzie's awful recovery from her surgery, then I got the worst morning sickness I have ever had, then bedrest. Thus, our house decorating has suffered a little.


Anyways, yesterday Jim and I actually went and bought a bed!!!!! Sadly, for the past ten years we have just had our mattress on either the floor or some metal bed rails. No real headboard, footboard, etc. We went to Ashley's furniture. I was really impressed with the store. Nice furniture at a good price. We also bought a matching armoire for our bedroom. It will all be delivered on the 20th or sooner. Yahoo!!! The bed has a cool metal design if you can see it. Obviously the picture is not of our bedroom (I wish) but at least it is a picture of our bed and armoire coming soon.
I also hung a picture in our downstairs bathroom yesterday (big moment) and have hung two whole pictures in our bedroom. I am deciding on a wall arrangement for our kitchen and hopefully will have that hung within the next week or so. Still nothing on the walls in either of the kid's rooms though :)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay for decorating!The bed looks lovely! I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

How BEAUTIFUL! I've never had a new bedroom set - how fun! Annie

Ruth said...

so pretty!