Monday, November 10, 2008

Jim day


Today is Jim's Birthday. Although I think he is not too excited about his age- I will not reveal the true age but just say it is somewhere between 36 and 38 :) And although I know he very rarely checks our blog- I will still devote an entry just to him. Here are 37 ways why I think he is amazing.


1. He volunteers in Ethan's classroom. Not too many dads do that.

2. Went on a field trip with 25 first graders to Silver Lake

3. Takes Lizzie fishing just him and her.

4. Takes Ethan golfing with him and Uncle Tom

5. Was so patient and understanding during 15 weeks of bedrest

6. Brings me flowers after every priesthood session

7. Is one of the most unselfish people I know

8. Gives me backs tickles when I hardly give any in return

9. Gets so excited over shows like How It's Made and Dirtiest Jobs

10. Has such a strong love and testimony of the gospel

11. Loves nature!

12. Can fix just about anything

13. Invents new ways to fix just about anything :)

14. Is an amazing father to his 4 kids

15. Makes really good homemade Macaroni and Cheese

16. Makes cookies for his family almost every Sunday

17. Was so supportive of me when I was training for a half marathon

18. It brave enough to take 4 kids to the DI and a myriad of other places that I would not take all four.

19. Always makes time for me when I need to go have a girls night out with friends

20. Forgives me of all of my shortcomings

21. Still laughs at the word fart.

22. Has taught the kids to giggle at the word fart :)

23. He has a doctorate.

24. Doesn't complain too much about our usually messy house

25. Gets excited about something (composter, snow blower) and that is all he talks about and researches until he gets it.

26. Is not afraid to try new opportunities (is starting his own business)

27. Is so patient.

28. Is the medicine man for the kids when they are sick

29. Absolutely loves to take care of his garden

30. Respects his family

31. Asked me to marry him

32. Encouraged me to finish my schooling and would even have dinner ready for me to eat in the car while he drove me to ASU for my bachelors.

33. Babysat our new baby Ethan every Monday and Wednesday night when I was getting my Masters.

34. Knows medical terms when things come

up with our kids.

35. Goes to work every day to help support our family

36. Actually misses us when he is at work.

37. Actually takes pictures of himself with a big rooster on a merry go round :)

1 comment:

valerie said...

Happy Birthday Jim!! What an awesome tribute! I've always know what a good dad and husband Jim is, but that just reaffirmed it. BTW, what is it about husbands and there joy over How it's made?