Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3.25.08





I know most parent's don't forget their children's birthdays- I especially will never forget March 25th 2008. After 15 weeks of bedrest our 34 week 6 day beautiful baby girls were born!! It was such a good day. Even during the first 6 months or so after their birth I didn't mind at all that I was getting up way too many times during the night because they were here and healthy and so much worry and stress was gone. Bedrest for that long is hard.... my role of mother, wife and just a person changed. You take for granted little things like checking the mail, getting snacks for your kids, going to the store, etc.
I am also so proud of how Ethan and Lizzie have been this past year. A new baby takes a lot of a mom's time and two babies takes a TREMENDOUS amount of mom's time. Ethan and Lizzie have been so helpful and loving towards their new sisters and are really good when I tell them they have to wait a minute before I can help or do something with them.
Now on too the good stuff- We had a family birthday party for Afton and Lilly. They really liked their cupcakes and must have their mom's sweet tooth. We sang to each one of them separately. I know their will be other birthday kinks we will have to work out once they get older. The little walk and ride things they got are like transformers and can change to a walker and then to a car. They have their 1 year doctor appt tomorrow and I am curious to see how much they weigh. I am also excited to see if we get the okay for real milk. The non-formula thing will definitely help our budget. Even buying the Kirkland 2-pack we still spend more than $100 a month on formula. For their actuall birthday today I might try to get another crib set up for them. Well or maybe tomorrow.... :)
Happy 1st Birthday Afton and Lilly! We love you so much and are so glad you are in our family.

*The top three pictures are of Afton. Lilly is the one with chocolate all over her face and in the picture with both of them Lilly is the one sitting on the car.

7 comments:

Darci said...

They are so dang cute! I am so happy they are a year old. Wow how that year has flown by! Happy Birthday beautiful girls :)

valerie said...

Happy Birthday Afton! Happy Birthday Lily! I can't believe how big they are! Time flies...

the Kates said...

Yeah! I can't believe they are already ONE!!! Where on earth does the time go? I love your miracle babies and you and the whole Harrison family!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so grateful that after such a long and scary time, that they are here, healthy, happy and ONE! I'm thrilled for you! I'm sure the last year has been an unforgettable one!

M. Harrison said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AFTON & LILLY DEAR!!!!!!.....
Long story short, but their cards are in the mail. We were going to stop by on our way home from Vegas to give them their birthday wish, but we were exhaused after fighting and occupying kids in a car for 9 hours. We got back to Pocatello this afternoon. Hopefully you'll forgive us. We just want you to know we are thinking of you guys and hoping that they had a special birthday party and day today too!!

Jody Neeley said...

They are so adorable! Happy Birthday Afton and Lily!

katierose said...

could they really be ONE!?! oh, how happy! they are adorable, lish. give them a big birthday squeeze for me!