Sunday, April 19, 2009

Running

This weekend was our week of running and it was not just because of the half marathon. We were on a constant go from Friday afternoon to Saturday evening. It was a weekend of so many emotions. Here is a brief re-cap-


Ethan's friend Party-

On Friday afternoon we had a joint party for Ethan and another boy in our neighborhood. They both turn 7 on April 18th. We had an archelogical dig in the sands of Egypt (or our sandbox) and then a scavenger hunt where they had to use each of their clues to figure out the final clue which was a gold treasure box with their take home goodies. It was fun to see kids be kids.

















Right after that Jim and I dropped all four of our kids off at Jim's parents house for a sleepover. It was the babies first time away. Although Lilly did not sleep much -I think it went for the most part okay. When we jumped from two kids to four with the arrival of babies it is a little bigger of a task to ask others to watch your kids (espcically when two of them are only 1 years old) We really appreciate it.


Next we went to the viewing for our friend. We waited in line for over 2 1/2 hours. It just shows you how many people loved Chris and his family. We were going to go to Noodles afterwords for our carb load but it was closed. We got home at 10:30 went to bed at 11 and woke up at 5.



Half Marathon

All I can say is how proud I am of Jim. He finished!!!! Our official time was 2 hours 35 minutes and 24 seconds. I stayed with Jim the whole time since I have been his "trainer" since December and thought it would be pretty mean to get him into this thing and not stay. I will do another one later and try to do it in less than 2 hours. He only has like 3 blisters and can barely move today but he did it!. He was so excited when he crossed the finish line. As of yesterday Jim says he is never going to run again in his life :)


After that we went to the funeral for our friend. Jim and I were talking and if we can live our life 1/10 of how Chris did.... he loved and embraced life!! It was amazing to be there. His family (especially my friend Michelle and her 3 cute young kids) are going to need lots of thoughts and prayers their way.


Right after than we had to run to Costco because I still hadn't gotten any food for Ethan's family party. We got home like 20 minutes before the party was starting.


Ethan's birthday

How can our Ethan be 7 years old!!! He is an amazing kid with so many admirable qualities. He is so patient (which I am assuming will come in handy with 3 sisters) and he is always looking out for others. We love him so much and am so grateful for our son! It was actually nice weather and we had a BBQ. He loves all of his gifts. And they have all been put to use (I promise!!) They were all perfect. Thank you so much for coming to help us celebrate his birthday.




Needless to say after the party Jim and I were in bed by 9 and asleep by 9:30. As a post script here is a picture of how I found Jim this morning :) Why do we have to have a house with so many stairs :)

4 comments:

M. Harrison said...

WOW guys, you have been really busy! Way to go both of you on your running! Happy Happy Birthday Ethan from Steve and I and your cousins. If he hasn't gotten his card yet, it is coming. :) We hope that you had an awsome day yesterday Ethan!

Darci said...

What a busy weekend! I am so happy that Jim made it (that picture on the stairs is classic)! Congratulations on the finish :)

Ethan is 7?!?! I remember when he was born (on the day of his baby shower). How fast they grow up! He is so handsome! I love it!

Melissa said...

Congrats to the both of you. That is totally awesome that the 2 of you ran together. How fun. And I love the picture of Jim. Way to go you guys!

Lorna said...

What an awesome thing it is to have run together the 1/2! Way to go! After Bart and I ran last August (he was ahead of me), he vowed to be done with running also. However, he has been doing some running lately, all on his own, no coercion from me. Jim may come around in a year or so too! :)

I haven't checked your blog for a while...sorry about all the craziness of surgeries and doctors appointments. Way to go Jim, making MONEY!