Saturday, May 9, 2009

medical dates

May 20th- Lizzie will go in for her third surgery. It should be a same day thing. We will find out the day before what time it is at. As the doctor said though "Hers is a little more complicated than usual." I guess her eyes go a little every which way. She will have both eyes worked on and four muscles affected in one eye and 2-3 in the other. Usually with a lazy eye they just have to tighten or loosen one muscle. There is an 80%ish success rate. Unfortunately, Jim and I hate numbers. Her first surgery had a 85% success rate and that one was AWFUL!!!! Not only was it unsuccessful but she had an awful recovery. Those who were here and saw her know what I am talking about. I cried so much for her during that month or so of recovery.

June 1st- Lilly goes in for her VCUG and renal ultrasound. We will find out if she has urinary reflux and if so we need to see to what degree it is to see if she will need surgery.

I know these are minor things (compared to other things) but I still worry for my sweet kids.

4 comments:

M. Harrison said...

You have every right to be worried! Will she have to wear patches over both of her eyes for a little bit? We will be thinking of you guys and hoping everything is VERY successful (for both of the girls!).

Jody Neeley said...

I hope everything goes well and that Lizzy can recover fast and better than the previous surgery, I hope it is a success! You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers, hope everything goes well with both of your girls.

Darci said...

I will remember her in my prayers! Let me know if you need anything . . . seriously, I will be there in a heartbeat! She will do great, I have faith!

the Kates said...

i am so sorry- i hope sweet lizzie's surgery goes well and keep me updated on little lilly.