Monday, May 4, 2009

got deductible?

So this morning we found out Lizzie will need to have surgery on both of her eyes. The new prescription on glasses and the patches 3 hours a day are not helping her eye issues and lazy eye. Unfortunately, our deductible is insane.... Plus this will be the 3rd surgery for this girl (and Jim and I) and she just turned 5!!!!! I know there are a lot worse things that we could be dealing with but I am still a little bummed.



A few weeks ago we also found out Lilly is having syptoms of urinary reflux. It has a high chance of running in siblings. We need to get her up to Primary's soon for the awful round of tests to see what the verdict is for her. I am procrastinating making the phone call because I REALLY do not want to do that again. I cried when Lilly had to be cathetered because it brought back a lot of memories with Liz.

Afton and Ethan seem to be healthy :)


On a funny note- yesterday after church Lizzie and Ethan were having a sibling moment. Lizzie said "I am going to ask Santa to bring me a nicer brother!" without skipping a beat Ethan's reply was "Lizzie, I am the best present you ever got!"

4 comments:

Liz said...

Shoot. Sorry about Liz and Lilly; I vividly remember crying at the hospital when Lizzie had one of her surgeries. We'll be praying for the kids. Love seeing that old picture of Liz/Ethan. :)

valerie said...

I am so sorry!!! I can't even imagine having to face that with one child, let alone two!! =( It makes me so sad. At least it happened in the same year for deductible purposes?? The girls and your family will be in our prayers! BTW, Ethan is hilarious!! Sounds like he is taking after his dad! =)

Stacey said...

OK, so I cannot stop laughing about Ethan's comment--so funny!

I am so sorry to hear about Lilly! That just stinks! We will keep you guys in our prayers.

M. Harrison said...

That really is the pits guys...I guess we shouldn't ask "what could possible go wrong now..." You guys have been put through the ringer with your kids. Tell Lizzy that we are sorry and give Lilly a hug for us too. That is just crappy.