Thursday, September 3, 2009

2 down 2 to go

As of today I now have two kids in school!!!! The night before they each started school we had a BACK TO SCHOOL FEAST for dinner. I think they liked it.

Ethan is gone every day from 8:15 to 2:55 as he learns the ropes of 2nd grade. He started a week ago. Oh, how I miss that boy. He loves math but does not like to work on his handwriting.




Lizzie just started kindergarten today and will go from 12:15 to 2:55. She is excited to do art in a new place and has been practicing wearing her backpack. Although she tests my patience every day I know I am gong to miss that cute girl so much and her quirky answers and sayings for everything.





This is how school shopping for shoes went with Ethan and Liz.

Mom- "Ethan do you like these?"
Ethan- "Yeah, sure."

This is how it went for everything. I could have shown him shiny purple shoes and he probably would have said sure.

Now for Lizzie,

Mom- "Lizzie do you like these shoes?"
Lizzie- "No"
Mom- "What about these?" repeated about six times with six different options.
Lizzie- "No" repeated about six times.
Mom- starting to lose patience "Why don't you just show me which ones you like?"
Lizzie- of course finds something for more money than what mom has been showing her.
Mom- "Fine, let's just get them and go."

What a smart girl I have.... :)


This is what will be waiting for them when they get home from school today. I rarely make chocolate chip cookies (Jim does this) so it really is a treat!

5 comments:

Lorna said...

I haven't read your blog for a while. You are hilarious! You have such a fun sense of humor! I miss that! I find myself laughing as I read your blog. It was so nice to see you last month. Thank you for the nice visit! I hope the single nap for the twins happens soon and smoothly :) now that Lizzie and Ethan are back in school!

Darci said...

Hooray for Lizzie starting kindergarten! That is so fun :) I am sure it will be more of a shock when all 4 are in school! I miss you and your family. We need to get together REALLY soon!

Jody Neeley said...

Boys and girls are so different when it comes to clothes, I loved how you shared your conversation with Ethan and Lizzie on your post. Too funny! Your kids are so cute, hope they have fun at school!

M. Harrison said...

What is it with both of our husbands being the cookie makers of the family. I think that they were taught well growing up! Hooray for you with the kids starting school. I keep waiting for a phone call saying that they have room for Trevor, but I guess I can keep on wishing. He has been a good boy and really good help around home though.

katierose said...

i can't believe you have 2 kids in school!!! they looked so adorable on their first day, and what a good mama you are to bake cookies! i did nothing of the sort!