Saturday, January 30, 2010

XXXIII


Well since everyone else in our family gets a post when it is their birthday- I will write about myself.

Here are some of my favorite things about this years birthday festivities. I like to celebrate for a full week :)

1. My dad made me a delcious birthday dinner of my choice (a few days early)- A Wok. Oh it was so delicous and I love my dads cooking.
2. We had a family party it was really nice to get together. Thank you everyone for coming (and for the perfect gifts!).
3. I decided to treat myself with some new pants. I did my semi- annual trip to the DI and found 4 pair of way cute levis for $17. Yahoo!!!
4. I went and spent my Kohl's gift card today and got some cute black shoes and a pair of pants for $27 dollars. Yes, I am cheap :)
5. Progress has actually been made on our basement. Oh, that is such a great present. Painting can begin soon. We are trying to decide on colors.
6. On the night of my birthday Jim asked me what I wanted to do. I picked Leatherby's. DELICIOUS!!! I haven't been there for over 10 years and the Traci's Peanut Butter Cup was just as I remembered.
7. Lizzie got me some "Mexican Coke". Although I am not drinking Coke right now I broke the rules to drink her present. Yum!!!
8. I am sure Jim and the kids would comment on my amazing quality of patience, craftiness, artistic skills and ability to keep a clean house :)


Finally...

When your daughter makes you a birthday card like this




you realize that 33 is a pretty good age to be :)

5 comments:

valerie said...

I love the birthday card!! Happy Birthday!! Doesn't it just seem like yesterday we were walking around saying, "I'm twenty." Where did the time go?? I'm glad you had a great week!

David and Jana said...

I like that you celebrate the whole week. I think I need to do that for my birthday this month. Happy 33 to you!

Stacey said...

Birthdays are the best! I love Lizzie's card. Happy Birthday, Lish!!

M. Harrison said...

We are glad that you had a good week. :) We need some pictures of that basement!

Liz said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday-and a trip to Kohl's and DI...my idea of a good time! Coke from Mexico is totally worth breaking the rules for...apparently so is coke from Toledo for me. :)