Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Basement progress

Although our basement is defintely still not fully functional- we have made some major progress down there. Just as a reminder, when we moved in we just had cement walls and floors.

Here is the beginnings of our home theater/ entertainment room. We have identical desks in each corner (one for family and one for Jim's business). In between the two desks we will put a couch and eventually get a TV. Plus we still need baseboards, window coverings, wall decorations, and the list goes on and on.
But how exciting is that carpet? Oh, it feels amazing!

My washroom and food storage room. It is small but does the job. I love my freezer and Shelf Reliance. I need to get one of those wire shelves to put above the washer and dryer.


Close up of Jim's great tiling skills in our shower. I like the fact Jim really wanted a bench in his shower :)


Our bathroom. Once again really small but great. I promise there is a sink in here it is just not pictured.


The kids love the big empty room to run around in and Ethan and Lizzie have had a couple sleepovers down there. Yeah for progress!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

It looks great! We'll have to come see it soon. :)

David and Jana said...

That looks great! Don't you love getting projects done in the house.

Darci said...

It looks FABULOUS!! I can't wait to see it in person :)

valerie said...

There is nothing better than a new basement!! I would know! :) We lived in our house for 2 years before we got baseboards in...

M. Harrison said...

great job guys! I am sure you are enjoying the extra room. The bathroom looks great Jim!