Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthday girl

Recently I got to celebrate another birthday. We really like birthdays in this house and celebrate birthday month, week, eve, day and even post days :)

I didn't know what picture to put on the blog to celebrate MY birthday. Then I came across this picture. I LOVE THIS PICTURE!

It was taken last fall when we went to Disneyland and the beach. That was such a fun perfect evening together. In this picture everyone was running on the beach in pure happiness. Our kids had never been to the beach before and absolutely loved this new experience. I can still hear their laughter and picture the smiles on their faces.

It reminds me that it is okay to get a little older because I truly enjoy my life (past and present) and am excited to enjoy the future. My days right now are crazy, busy, frusterating and amazing. I have a wonderful husband and four kids that teach me every day about life. All five of them teach me how to laugh, try new things, to continually work on patience, and most of all to have fun.



So another year has gone by... that's okay though right? I am starting to notice a few more lines on my face but have to keep telling myself they aren't wrinkles but laugh lines.... a sign that things have been enjoyed.

4 comments:

BobCo said...

Life is fun!

Stacey said...

That is a great picture!! Happy Birthday!! Sorry we couldn't come last week. We'll have to get together soon and have a post b-day celebration ;)

valerie said...

Happy Birthday! I'll never for get the year we all turned 20...and we would just keep saying, "I'm twenty! I'm twenty!" Oh the good old days!! :)

M. Harrison said...

Happy Birthday Alisha! The picture is great. I am glad that you had a great birthday celebration...sorry that we missed it.