Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A sheep


15 years ago today I was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I was 20 years old (so yes, you master mathmaticians can figure out how old I will be on my birthday).

A lot of people impacted me in some way or another as I came to this decision BUT I will FOREVER be grateful to 3 people that I know were put into my life around that time for a very specific purpose. I would walk across the world for those three because they helped me in my testimony and to find eternity. How do you thank someone for helping you and your family be eternal?


Today is one of those days that brings me to tears if I think too much about it. It is kinda like finding something that you didn't know was lost but once you find it you realize you don't want to let it go. It becomes your most valued possession. Then you wonder how you never realized it was missing.

There are not enough words to say how humbled I am to have been born of amazing parents, to have been been blessed with good friends, to have been baptized, to have married Jim for eternity in the Salt Lake Temple and to watch my children grow up in the gospel.

I have a testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ, of Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the church, the power of prayer and eternal families. I know without a doubt these things are true.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

David and Jana said...

Alisha you are wonderful! Thanks for sharing this.

valerie said...

Oh boy I feel old!!! Was that really 15 years ago?? I feel so blessed to have witnessed such a beautiful baptism. I remember walking to one of your discussions in bitter cold and snowy weather. Nothing was going to stop you, not even a blizzard! If I remember correctly, it was the discussion about tithing. You are an amazing example to me and I am so grateful we are friends!! Love you!

Liz said...

A loong time ago, I remember when Jim asked me what kind of gift he should get for a "friend" that was coming into the church. I don't even remember what we settled on, but thinking back all those years ago...instead we all received a gift when you came into the church and joined our family. xoxo