Monday, August 26, 2013

Kindergarten

There were so many days when the girls were babies and I was in the blur of raising twins and two other young children that I would often tell myself "Won't it be great when the girls start kindergarten?" I knew by the time they started kindergarten I would have two other kids in school full time.   I would get stuff done, I wouldn't have little hands hanging onto my thighs, I would be able to use the bathroom by myself.  I wouldn't hear "Mooommmmmmm" every 5 seconds.  I would have more than 5 seconds of personal time.   My days were scheduled around naptimes, diaper changes, feedings, etc. My life was so busy in a totally different way than it is now.

TIME MOVES ON....

 I haven't used a stroller in a very long time. I don't schedule my days around naptimes anymore.  I would be lost if I had to pack a diaper bag.   My girls now buckle themselves in and out of the car and can do so many things on their own.   The "blur" is gone.
    I always thought I would be skipping through fields, arms waving in the air at my new freedom for a few hours each day.
     
      Instead,  all I want to do is figure out a way to turn back the clock. 

 But I can't.

  Time went by so fast.  But at the same time some days seemed sooo long.  .


  And suddenly I have 4 medium size kids instead of 4 little kids. Weird.

 It is now just me and Lucky every morning from 8:20 to 10:55.

But alas, I am rambling. This post is not supposed to be about me.....

I would like to introduce the new kindergartners in our house.
 


 

Afton
Kindergarten at Altara Elementary

8/26/13
Color-yellow and pink

Food-bananas

Movie or TV show - Backyardigans

Things to do- watch TV

Grow Up- A mom

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Lilly

Kindergarten at Altara Elementary

8/26/13

Color- dark blue, green, dark pink, light pink, light blue

Food- everything except candy (likes smarties)

Movie or TV show -Garfield and Bernstein Bears

Things to do- go swimming and waterslides

Grow Up: a veterinarian


 

1 comment:

valerie said...

Alisha, they are so cute! And I have decided that I hate Kindergarten! Let's start working on a way to turn back time because I hate my little ones growing up! I think Clara and Lily should go to college together and open up their very own Vet Clinic when they are older.