Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 word...

  This year as we wrap up 2013 I have been thinking of my year.....

I decided to do something different and instead of listing my favorite things
 or my favorite memories I would think of a word that defines the year for me.


BUSY


  It seriously will go down as one of the busiest years I have had in a long time.   I don't remember feeling this busy since Afton and Lilly were babies and I was taking care of two newborn twins and two other young kids.   Most of this years BUSY was due to the fact of saying yes to a thing called PTA President.

 -  I had absolutely no idea how busy I would be when I said yes to that position.  There are so many big and little things involved with this. There were times (especially in the spring and around when school was getting ready to start) that my to do list seemed a million miles long.   Around the beginning of the school year I was seriously putting in 20 to 30 hours  a week for PTA needs.  It was insane!  Luckily most of the big things are done and I can go into 2014 knowing it is downhill from here :)

-It is also and always tricky keeping up with a family of six.  There is hardly any down time. Especially as they are growing and have more and more things going on.  There is always something that needs to be done or places that people need to be. Also, with Jim in the bishopric he is gone a lot right now.  We appreciate his sacrifice and know there will be a time when he is home more but it is just not right now.  That puts a little more stuff on both of our plates but we press on.

Even though this year was BUSY, it was a very good year. 
We were extremely blessed and for that I am thankful. 

In the year 2014....
  •  My son will turn 12 and become a Deacon. He will get to experience many adventures in Young Men's. That is weird and exciting.
  •  My babies will start 1st grade next fall and will be gone all day.  This definitely impacts me as a stay at home mom.  Opportunities of how to spend my time while they are in school are  swirling in my head. Do I continue to stay home? Do I work? Do I volunteer somewhere I feel strongly? It is extremely weird to think about.
  • Lizzie will enter her last year of elementary school. Now that is just crazy.
  • I have plans of running seriously again and have entered a race with friends that I said I would never do (Ragnar). It is me saying yes to getting out of a comfort zone.
  • I hope to organize my house better.  I just haven't had a lot of extra time for cleaning/ dejunking this year and my house is showing that.
  • We have a big family vacation planned for April that I am very excited about.
  • Jim has plans to pull whatever he can on our Yukon for other family adventures :)
  •  Plus whatever else 2014 has in store for our family. 
Here is to 2014 and Happy New Year!
 


-

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love reading through your blog! You make me smile.

Emily said...

Is your April trip the one I'm thinking/hoping it is?! ;)