Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

I love how magical Christmas still is for our kids. 
 I love how excited they get about all the little and big things leading up to the season.
 I love watching them think of their Christmas list and writing it for Santa
  I love how Christmas time is family time.
  I love having my kids home.
 I love that it gives us a chance to reflect on the Savior.  
 
 I love so many things about this time of year that having it in my absolutely least favorite season makes winter a little more bearable.
 
 Here are some highlights from Christmas this year......


Here are our 4 cute kids right before we went downstairs.

  They are waiting for the song "Here Comes Santa Claus"  by Gene Autry to come on. 
 That is their signal that Santa has come.  Jim goes down first to check.

Downstairs they have a stocking filled and 3 presents from Santa. 
Santa wraps each kids presents in their own wrapping paper.

Mom and Dad also have 3 presents for them
* pajamas (that they open the night before),
*a Caldecott book
*and one special present.

 

 Ethan-

Once he opened his Lego book he was pretty
 much gone for the rest of present opening :)
 
He also got
*Digital Camera- to make more Lego movies
*Lego Set- Jek 14 Stealth Star Fighter
*Lego Wii game- Lord of the Rings
Mom and Dad  gave him the Lego Book that you see above
 
Do you see a theme of Legos here? :)


Lizzie


Since Lizzie is terrified/ fascinated with bears right now.
  Smokey the Bear sent her an extra present :)

 
Lizzie with her Rainbow Loom from Mom and Dad.
 I think almost every girl between the ages of 7 and 12 wanted this item this year.
 
From Santa she also got:
*Lego Friends Heartlake City Pool
*Lalaloopsy 8 pack of mini dolls
*Melt a Mold- she REALLY wanted this!
 
Afton
For some reason Afton wanted a computer for Christmas. 
 She put it on her list to Santa and never gave up on that wish item. I kept telling her that I wasn't sure if a 5 year old would get their very own computer and to think of other things she wanted just in case.  Santa magic made it happen though.
 
Afton realizing she just opened her very own computer!!! 

 Or at least a computer fit for a 5 year old.  She got a LeapPad 2.

Santa also brought her:
Legos Cinderella's Carriage
Our Generation girl named Holly

Mom and Dad got her a pretend cupcake play set
 
 
Checking out her Cinderella Legos
 
Lilly
 
Getting a present almost as big as you :)

 
So excited for Peanut Butter in her stocking. 
 She must be related to her dad :)


Lilly with her Our Generation doll from Santa

She also got
Lego Rapunzels Tower
Talking Sofia the First Doll

From Mom and Dad- a tea set


Jim with a Carl Bloch painting he has been wanting.
 As for me....
 
Lucky did got me some Nibs. It's a thing between me and him :)

 I also got lots of white towels, a Kindle Fire,
 new bedspread, a much needed strainer and some new ear phones.

Oh yeah, I also got this....


Be jealous!  Be very jealous! 
 I mean what else do you need for Christmas except for
 a creepy clown that your daughter has named Chuckles :)
(Many thanks to Ruth)

Merry Christmas!


No comments: