Monday, July 21, 2014

12 year old Scout Camp

This was the summer that Ethan left for his first week long Scout Camp.  I tried to be a relaxed mom sending my 12 year old off for a week.  I missed him.  I think it is much harder on the mom.
  Anyways, he left Monday July 14th at 7:00 AM and came back Saturday July 19th at 1:00 P.M.  The dynamics of the house is definitely different with one person gone.   Jim went up Thursday night until Saturday afternoon.  Then the dynamics were really different with a house of girls :)
 
  Here are a few pictures Jim took.
 
 
A little hatchet throwing


Ethan was nominated by his troop to participate in the pancake eating contest. 
 Holy pancake Batman!!!
Here he is right before the start.


Keep eating.......


A little archery

 
He came back dirty, smelly, with tons of mosquito bites and full of camp experiences. 
I gave that dirty, smelly kid a nice big hug and welcomed him home.
Then promptly sent him to take a shower :)

No comments: