Saturday, August 9, 2014

Swim Days

Maybe I am feeling nostalgic today that summer only has a few more weeks....
 I know our days of outside swimming are quickly coming to a close.
 
We go swimming a lot in the summer.  I love it! 
The kids are playing, exercising, and with sunblock soaking up some healthy rays. 
 
   I try to take the kids every Tuesday to an outdoor pool.  Draper is my favorite.  And then Thursdays we go to Cowabunga Bay.  Sometimes we have to do different days and sometimes we go more than that but we try to go at least twice a week. 
 
 I start work next week on August 13th.  Full time for 8 weekdays in a row!  Yikes! I guess the office is really busy right before school starts getting things ready.  Then I go back to my regular part time hours the week of August 25th.  Anyways, I told the kids we will go swimming as much as we can before I have to go back to work. This week we went swimming 4 times between Wednesday and Friday.
 It was heavenly. 
 
Here are some pictures from our last trip to Draper Pool.
 



 Usually when we go to an outdoor pool I let Ethan and Lizzie invite a friend.
Here is Ethan and his friend Tanner

Lizzie and Sophie

 
 
Swim Lessons
Then just to add more swimming into the mix I have my kids taking swim lessons up at Draper Pool on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. See my thinking here, same days we go swimming.   Thus my kids don't even have to change out of their swimsuits :) Afton and Lilly go first and then Ethan and Lizzie.  Here are some pictures I took of Afton and Lilly while we were waiting for Ethan and Lizzie to finish up their lessons.     
They like to dry off on the cement after their lessons :)

Sometimes they like to change direction and dry off while eating a Laffy Taffy.

Hanging out and chatting.

More hanging out and talking

My beautiful Afton


 

No comments: