Monday, March 17, 2008

Time Bomb

As my doctor said today- you are just a time bomb waiting to go :)

As long as I make it to Wednesday March 19th I will be 34 weeks. That is just amazing and I have already gone past what my doctor thought my body would be able to handle. I guess there is a lot to be said about modern drugs, prayers and thoughts from others, and 14 quick weeks of bedrest...... Yes, that is right- 3 1/2 months of bedrest! Right now I am measuring about 4 weeks above what I really am (so I am measuring at a 38 week pregnancy). I have managed to stay at a 5 and 90% effaced for over a week now. Well at least a week that we know of, I could have been there for a little while before I got checked. I am assuming this is the last pregnant picture of me. Jim and I and the kids are excited to meet these babies. I will try to hold out a littel longer but who knows when the "time bomb" will go off.

Other updates- Lizzie's next surgery has been scheduled for April 10th. We are hoping everything will be taken care of this time.



Here is a picture of Ethan's "treasures." He has a see through container he puts all his treasures in and on rare occasions will dump them out. He also has a whole bucket of Halloween candy and Valentine's candy that he says he is saving for the 4th of July. I am not sure what he has planned for that night but at least he will have refreshments :)


2 comments:

Darci said...

I love that belly! You actually look pregnant this time :)

I can't wait to meet those babies too and smooch em' all over!

Jody said...

So are you measuring 38 weeks for twins or 38 weeks for one? You still look great. We know you are ready to be done with bed rest! Good luck.