Friday, September 19, 2008

Lifestyle change


A few weeks ago Jim's dad went in for heart surgery. I have been trying to gently encourage Jim to excercise for awhile now but to no avail. His dad did the trick. Jim has been on a lifestyle change since then. Whenever I say it is a health kick or something to the effect he corrects me and says it is a "lifestyle change."
Our juicer has been put to really good use lately as we have been making all sorts of healthy drinks. Jim is exercising 5 to 6 nights a week and alternates nights between running and lifting weights (sometimes doing both). I run 4 times a week and am now up to 3 miles. I will increase up to 4 on Saturday and maybe soon will be back up to my 10 miles Saturday runs. It is amazing that even with all this exercising we have more energy, feel better and are eating much better.

Of course the most dramatic change has been only making our homemade chocolate chip cookies on Sunday afternoons instead of twice a week like we used to do:)
*This picture was taken in July on our 10th anniversary. Thus before the lifestyle change :)

3 comments:

Trudy said...

You rock...or is your abs that rock? Maybe both? :) Good for you guys getting all healthy on us. After this pregnancy, I vow to not eat 2 milkshakes a week from Jake's Over the Top. But, for now, their pretty tasty. How impressive that even with twin babies you guys have time to be healthy! If you can do it, so can I.

Liz said...

Yay, I need workout partners for while I'm in town or I won't do anything. :)

katierose said...

oh, if only i had your willpower. whenever i try and convince myself NOT to eat something unhealthy, i just eat more :). i'm proud of you AND jim! that's awesome...