Tuesday, October 14, 2008

another gem


As much as Lizzie drives me crazy she is such a little gem. We have patience testers at least 6 to 8 times a day and I know they will continue as this little personality of hers develops. I do know that she is my little Lizzie and really hilarious to be around. Today I made it a point to spend more time working with her. We did puzzles together, read for over an hour (which is one of her favorite things to do besides coloring). I made an effort to look at her every time she talked to me and I talked to her. I taught her how to do leaf rubbings which she thought was amazing. She loves any kind of craft, coloring and then scotch tape to hang all her pictures up with so leaf rubbings totally fit in that category. In fact, any time we do a craft she says I am the best mom ever :) Today before pre-school I painted her finger and toe nails (four different colors because she was choosing). When she got home I asked her if she showed her teachers her fingernails. She said "I forgot and I forgot to show them my toenails." I said "Well your socks and shoes covered up your toes." Lizzie's priceless reply- "Too bad it isn't a naked school so they could see my toes."
PRICELESS!

5 comments:

the Kates said...

I love the things that kids say- your Lizzie is HILARIOUS!

Trudy said...

Oh Lish, I sure can relate to the feeling of being driven crazy one moment then melted by cuteness the next.

BobCo said...

Lizzie reminds me of a little girl that I watched grow up, you will be surprised with the results, she will be one of a kind. Love Ya, Dad

katierose said...

i wish it was naked day too!! have you considered moving to a nudist colony??? :)

Liz said...

Oh Liz...she'll do well in Europe...:)