Tuesday, October 7, 2008

holding their own


A couple of weeks ago Afton and Lilly figured out how to hold their own bottles. I wish I could say I now have more time in my day but no. My days are suddenly very busy. I spend my days taking care of kids, trying to win the ever constant cleaning war with my house, car pools for school, quality time with each kid, etc. Espcially evenings can be chaotic when the babies are a little more fussy, kid jobs to be done, homework to do with Ethan, dinner to make, attempts at a sit down family dinner, etc. Trying to do all this with four kids and Jim still at work makes for a busy evening. Did I mention at least 12 loads of wash a week?
Afton and Lilly are at a age where it seems they need more attention and entertainment than that preemie stage where they slept a majority of the day. Afton is the mover and never stays on her blanket anymore. She is learning to scoot and I have caught her doing an army type crawl. She reaches for anything in her sight. I know it is awful but a couple times I have purposely put toys that she was reaching for within her reach to discourage any attempts at crawling. I am terrrified of two mobile babies. I was not scared to have twins, to take care of two newborns and all that other good stuff but I am terrified of two mobile babies. Especially since I am not the greatest cleaner and I have two older kids who have some very small toys (those darn legos).
Afton and Lilly went in for their 6 month check-up yesterday. Afton weighs 13 lbs and 14 oz and Lilly weighs 13 lbs and 2 oz. Growing! Growing! And Growing!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe they are six months already. They sure are growing. Can't wait to see them. Your life sure sounds busy. What a wonderful mother you are. Make sure you squeeze a little time for yourself in the equation.

valerie said...

I can't believe how big those little girls are getting!! Time flies...

Ruth said...

I am jealous that they will consistently hold their own bottle! Vince is stubborn at times. Amen on the choking hazards! Makes me nuts.

the Kates said...

WOW! 6 months- holy moly! I can't believe how big they look- p.s. they are adorable!

katierose said...

you go, little twin harrison girls!! if anyone can do it all, it's you! i can't wait to see you guys, especially lily and afton, at thanksgiving!