Monday, January 26, 2009

birthday festivities


I would post a birthday update for anyone else in the family so here is one for me :)

Today I turn the beautiful age of 32. It doesn't seem old. Plus just

a couple of days ago when I was volunteering at the Draper Open house for the new temple- someone asked if I was a sister missionary. I politely said no thinking I should have said I am almost 32 and have four kids :) But anyways, I have a few more laugh lines and one more year of life experience under my belt.

Festivities started last Sunday when my dad made me a Wok for a pre-birthday dinner. So delicious. Last Friday I got a box of clothes from my sister in law who has way too many :)
They were much appreciated.

Last night we had a family party and it was nice to get together with everyone. I like the open house of people that came due to various reasons. It actually seemed a little less chaotic. Jim gave me season 4 of The Office. I love that show and that is one of the few shows I giggle outloud for.

What am I doing on today my actual birthday? Well car pools, Lizzie dance class, making a cleaning dent somewhere in the house, changing tons of diapers, etc. I will go sneak a treat or something later for my own birthday present :) Plus Jim sent me some beautiful gerber daisies to stare at.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Alisha- Hope you had a fun rest of the day!=)

We are taking the 3 oldest kids to the Draper Temple on Wed. They are excited!

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

Happy Birthday Alisha! I hope you had a great day!

valerie said...

Happy Birthday!! You have such a good outlook about "growing old". =) I need to be more graceful about it. I'm with you on The Office...few things actually make me laugh outloud!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day and find a way to spoil yourself! You are a great mother, friend and woman! Enjoy your special time!

Liz said...

Yay, I'm glad you had a good birthday weekend; I wish we could have a couple of birthdays a year!(without getting older, of course)

the Kates said...

happy happy birthday!