Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer

So what have we been doing the past 6 weeks since I last gave a family update? Well Afton and Lilly have been quite busy.
They have learned to:

- tear up library books when they were supposed to be napping (Lilly)



- open the fridge when mom is not looking and find a stick of butter and play with it like it is play-doh (Afton)

- Show mom the multiplying powers of one very small box of chocolate milk (Afton)


- find a container of red kool aid on the counter and spill it everywhere (Afton)

- color on the back of their door when they were supposed to be taking a nap (Afton)



Yes, all but one of the achievements were done by our Afton. She is adorable but very, very curious about EVERYTHING.
Ah the life of two year old twins. There is never a dull moment with one toddler..... but with two it is hilarious and crazy.

Ethan and Lizzie

They have been enjoying summer as any 8 and 6 year old should. I really think those two get along so much better when school is OUT. They play together so well and have something they play every day that includes legos people, polly pockets, ponies, bakugan, and whoever else wants to join the party for that day. It is hilarous to listen to and I love hearing them use their imagination.

They have been busy with swim lessons. I also try to take all the kids swimming at least once a week (with my moms help for extra arms) and if some weeks we go more that week with friends well no harm done right :)

We hang out in the backyard sandbox building cities, castles and such. Well actually most of the time they build while I sit in a chair in the shade nearby reading a book. Yes, I know my life is rough in the summer :) My house has become a bomb explosion.

Even though there are still "I'm bored" moments and fights to break up, I LOVE SUMMER WITH MY KIDS!!! No schedules, no homework and just enjoying is awesome!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Also I wrote this post AFTER all the kids were in bed and my house is silent. Kids always seem more angelic when they are sleeping. If I wrote this earlier today it may have been worded a little differently :)

Earlier today for example....
- Lilly screamed for about 45 minutes because I didn't have a straw to put in her chocolate milk.
- Ethan and Lizzie learned the word rectum (long story and it was their mom that told them) thought it was the hilarious, laughed straight for like 10 minutes and kept repeating the word over and over and then started asking everyone in our house (even the dog) if they have a rectum :)
- And Afton, well almost everything Afton does is trouble

3 comments:

Darci said...

You are such an awesome mom! I am also glad to see that my child is not the only toddler to do distructive things with objects and with my house! LOL!

Stacey said...

Summer sounds like lots of fun. Oh, and Ethan and Liz, those have got to be Jim's kids, that is all I'll say. :)

Jody Neeley said...

Savannah tore up a library book last week too....So true, they are so much sweeter when they are asleep :)