Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st and 3rd

As of today I now have a 1st and 3rd grader. This is big news because it means that I have two kids gone FULL DAY!!!!! I miss them..... Plus those older kids are amazing at entertaining and helping with their little sisters. Yes, less kids at home make more work for mom in taking care of the little ones.

Does this mean I will actually have to go get the diapers myself.....? :)

Anyways, here are my 1st and 3rd grader....




Ethan (3rd grade) -He is tremendously tall for his age and is as tall as most 6th graders at his school. More than twice this summer people asked him if he was going into 5th or 6th grade.
- He still loves to play Star Wars on the piano and recently has started to learn the theme from Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Is such a good kid at school and really likes reading and Math. In fact, on the days when we go to the library I can count on a book in his hand for the rest of the day.



Lizzie (1st grade)- Just in the past few months I can't say Lizzie is our difficult one anymore (a 8 year old with a little bit more attitude has currently taken that slot). She has really changed a lot recently(both in temperment and heighth). We still have our head butt moments but for the most part she is a great girl.
- She still makes me laugh at all the big words she knows and the sayings she comes up with.
For example, just yesterday I told her to change a shirt because it wasn't modest. She changed and said "Mom, this one isn't modest either, it is just brown." :)
-Is still the "artist" and just recently has learned to draw her own princess dresses. Before she would have me draw it and she would color it in and add a head and arms. Now she does it all and they turn out beautiful as you can see below. I especially like how she made the feet (in purple shoes of course) flip up like in a dance or something :)

Then sometimes there are those pictures that catch you off guard. This picture makes me catch my breath. I know to most people it is just a simple picture of Lizzie walking to school but to a mom here is one more reminder that my kids are growing up way too fast and exploring more and more the world away from home.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm very impressed with Lizzy's drawing skills! I cannot believe they are both going to be in school full-time! Where does the time go?

Annette Harrison said...

A few years from now you will look back and wonder where did the time go? I love the princess drawing. Awesome.

Liz said...

Nate's report was that Ethan and Lizzie were tall tall and skinny! I wonder where they got that from? Lizzie's princess feet are fabulous...she didn't get the drawing skills from her namesake, that's for sure. :)